Admission Policy for International Students
International Students have to ensure that they fulfil the following basic criteria for application as International Student.
Please note, only International applicants are eligible to apply through the International Admission Channel/ Process.
By 'International' we mean - Any person who is not an Indian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of India. Similarly, all foreign nationals, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card holders, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI - Dual citizens), Non-Resident of India (NRI)'s are considered under the category of International students.
We do not consider NRI Sponsored students or Indian students who have completed any previous Degree/ Diploma abroad if they have returned to India or hold an Indian passport under the category of International students. Such applicants have to apply through Indian Admission Channel.
Please note, students who are applying through NRI/ PIO/ OCI category have to make sure that they fulfil the following Govt. of India criteria to be eligible to apply. D Y PATIL UNIVERSITY ONLINE follows the Govt. of India – Foreign Exchange Management Act - (FEMA) rules to access the eligibility :
Definition of Person of Indian Origin - PIO (Regulation 2 (XII) of FEMA 5):
A citizen of a foreign country (other than a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan) is a PIO if
- he/ she at any time held an Indian passport; OR
- he/ she or either of his/ her parents or either any of his/ her grandparents was a citizen of India;
- he/ she is a spouse (not being a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan) of an Indian citizen or (a) or (b) above.
Definition of Non-Resident Indian – NRI (Regulation 2(vi) of FEMA 5):
A Non-Resident Indian (NRI) is
- an Indian Citizen who resides in India for less than one hundred & eighty-two days during the course of the preceding financial year, or
- one who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for the purpose of employment, or
- who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for carrying on business or vocation outside India, or
- who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for any other purpose indicating his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period?
Definition of Overseas Citizen of India – OCI:
An Overseas Citizen of India is a lifetime visa status. It is the closest thing to dual citizenship that India offers. This is applicable on
- A person who used to be an Indian citizen
- A person who holds an OCI card
- A person with at least one parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent who is/was an Indian citizen
- A person married to an Indian citizen or an existing OCI for at least two continuous years
Program Specific Eligibility and Other Requirements :
Please note, the International Admission Process is very different from Indian Admission process.
- In order to apply, interested students have to apply through - https://dypatiluniversityonline.com/mba-admission-process
- It is the responsibility of the International applicants to ensure that they fulfill all the basic Eligibility requirements/ criteria for the interested (B.Sc. Hospitality/ BBA / MBA) program as mentioned on the official D. Y. PATIL UNIVERSITY ONLINE Admission website – https://dypatiluniversityonline.com/mba-admission-process
- In case of any queries/ clarification, International students can also write to email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify their doubts, check their eligibility or finalize their choice of Program(s).
- It is mandatory to fulfill the basic eligibility requirements related to interested/ applied program(s) to be eligible to apply as incomplete applications or applications that do not fulfill the required background will be disqualified from the application process.
Kindly note, apart from the basic program specific eligibility requirements – the International students have to also fulfill the following (additional) requirements for International admission process i.e.,
- students/ applicants should have minimum 40% marks/ GPA in the 10+2/ Under-graduate/ Master’s degree program to be eligible to apply for the respective program at D. Y. PATIL UNIVERSITY ONLINE as an International student.
International applicants who are interested in applying for Masters (MBA) program need to have min. 40% in Bachelors / Graduation degree.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency is essential only for an applicant who has studied in a University located in a non-English speaking country or whose mode of Instruction during previous Degree/ diploma was not English.
- Or certification of the Proficiency in the English Language issued by the University/College/School from where the candidate has passed her/ his last qualifying examination.
- Kindly note, only those students who have qualified from foreign Universities or Boards of Higher Education, recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), are eligible for admission.
- When required, a reference will be made to the AIU to check the equivalence. The student should submit all the documents mentioned in the eligibility form in order to check the equivalence through the AIU, along with the application.